WHO ARE YOU CERTIFIED BY?
We are Certified by The Organic Food Chain (OFC) under the Australian government’s organic and bio dynamic standards. Australian certifiers have the highest and strictest standards in the world – allowing no GMO or synthetics through when certifying a product. We are also Certified Toxic Free by Safe Cosmetics Australia.
WHAT DOES ‘CERTIFIED ORGANIC’ MEAN?
To be certified by the OFC means that each product must contain a minimum of 70% Certified Organic ingredients and the rest must be natural. Most of our products are above the 90% Certified Organic ingredient mark. Certified Organic covers everything you would expect in an ethically produced product, including being free range, cruelty free, socially responsible and grown without genetic modifications, hormones, antibiotics, synthetic pesticides and herbicides. It also means that we undergo annual company audits to ensure we are complying with the strict requirements of the OFC.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CERTIFIED ORGANIC AND JUST NATURAL?
The main difference is that Certified Organic products require at least 70% of the ingredients to be Certified Organic (as mentioned above) and the remaining ingredients must be natural. Anyone can claim to produce a natural product if even only one of their ingredients is natural. This can be misleading to the consumer and we always encourage people to do their own research before purchasing.
COMPLETE PRODUCT BROCHURE
HOW DO I APPLY MY CERTIFIED ORGANIC TAN?
Please refer to the Directions for each product on the product page.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR CERTIFIED ORGANIC SELF-TANNERS?
Winter Skin is recommended for fair to medium skin tones.
It is a gradual tanning moisturiser that builds with applications to create your desired glow. It is also to help extend the life of your spray tan.
Invisible Tan is recommended for medium to olive skin tones.
It is a express self tanning creme that applies like your moisturiser and develops in 8 hours for a beautiful honey bronze glow.
Cacao Tanning Mousse is suitable for all skin tones.
It is a express lightweight mousse that applies easily and evenly. You can shower 1-4+ hours after application depending on your desired depth of tan. It delivers a luxurious deep earthy bronze tone.
Hempitan Body Tan Water is suitable for all skin tones. It is a certified organic Express 1 hour application Body Tanning Water that delivers a dark long lasting tan. It contains Hemp Seed Extract that is known for its phenomenal skin moisturising properties for your longest lasting tan yet.
THE FACE TAN WATER HAS WHEAT IN IT AND I AM GLUTEN INTOLERANT.
Our face Tan Water includes Caprylyl/Capryl Wheat, Bran/Straw Glycosides and Fusel Wheat Bran/Straw Glycosides which include starting materials deriving from wheat. These are certified as gluten-free.
HOW DO I APPLY MY CERTIFIED ORGANIC TAN TO GET BEST RESULTS?
Check out our Guide to Your Organic Tan page, which outlines all the steps you should take before, during and after the tanning process. It also features plenty of handy tips on how to apply the products and how to prolong your tan. Please refer to the directions for each product on our product page.
HOW DO I APPLY FACE TAN WATER TO GET THE BEST RESULTS?
- For best results we recommend you apply Face Tan Water to fresh clean dry skin just like a toner. That’s where it fits into your routine. Apply 2 -3 times per week for a radiant glow.
- Use a few days in a row to build up your desired colour then we find 2 -3 times per week is enough to maintain it amongst your usual skincare routine.
- Exfoliate at least 24 hours before applying Face Tan Water, you only need to exfoliate once a week as our organic self-tans do need a certain amount of dead skin cells to adhere to and any more you’re just removing fresh healthy skin.
- Just use your fingers to apply as we find a cotton pad can soak up all the liquid. It contains nothing synthetic or artificial so it won’t stain your hands. No nasty dyes. (we couldn’t be certified organic if it did).
- Make sure you’re applying enough product about at least a teaspoon per application to see a thin liquid layer on your skin.
- Think of it as your toner, that’s where it fits in to your routine, wait for it to dry before applying any moisturisers. Use instead of toner. as using another toner straight over it will wipe it straight off.
- Use a soap free and sls free cleansers as they are known to strips tans.
WHAT ORDER DO YOU USE THE SKINCARE AND HOW DOES FACE TAN WATER FIT IN?
We recommend only using the Super Acai Exfoliator once or twice a week and the day before you use Face Tan Water for the first time and use Face Compost once a week. But for the others here’s how we recommend you use them for best results..
- Use Super Citrus cleanser daily morning and/or night.
- Use Face Tan Water next just like a toner onto dry skin. Apply 24 hours after using Super Acai exfoliator or Face Compost Mask. Use a few days in a row to build up to your desired colour and then 2 – 3 times per week to keep the same lovely glow (see our website for more tips/directions for this one)
- Wait for Face Tan Water to dry well.
- Spray one mist of SUPER FRUIT TONER directly onto clean, dry skin morning and/or night after cleansing to face, neck and beyond. Let it dry before applying any other products. TIP: Or spray on top of makeup to set and refresh during the day.
- Apply a few dots about the size of a grain of rice of EYE COMPOST to each eye contour morning and/or night and massage in.
- Next is Super Fruit Hydrator daily morning and/or night, just make sure you wait until Face tan Water is dry before apply so as not to dilute the effect.
- Last use Glory Oil daily morning and/or night.
HOW LONG WILL MY TAN LAST?
Your tan should last between 7-10 days depending on how you look after it. We recommend moisturising daily to prolong your tan and the use of Winter Skin is recommended to both moisturise and enhance your tan for longer.
CAN I SWIM IN MY TAN?
Of course! Please be aware that chlorine, other chemicals and heating usd in some swimming pools may decrease the life of your tan.
CAN I PROLONG MY TAN?
Yes, though it depends on skin types and tones when gauging how often you’ll need to reapply. We generally find that 1 application can last up to 10 days.
WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU HAVE ON SUN SAFETY?
We are all about staying safe in the sun. Please read our full guide to sun safety and physical sunscreens Guide to Sun Safety
CAN I USE MORE THAN ONE COUPON CODE OFFER?
All coupon codes are valid as 1 use per individual purchase at any given time unless specified otherwise. Please note that only 1 code can be used per purchase.
WHAT PAYMENT OPTIONS DO YOU ACCEPT?
Yes, we accept payment with Credit Card as well as Paypal.
ARE YOU VEGAN FRIENDLY?
Absolutely! Our tanning and body care range is 100% vegan friendly and our sunscreen range is 100% vegetarian.
DO YOU TEST YOUR PRODUCTS ON ANIMALS?
No way! We are passionate advocates for animal protection and are certified by Choose Cruelty Free and Licensed by PETA to guarantee that our products and ingredients have never been tested on animals.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS GLUTEN FREE?
Yes, all our products are gluten free. The wheat in our professional solutions is gluten free as it is a derivative of wheat and does not contain the gluten protein.
IS IT SAFE TO USE YOUR PRODUCTS DURING PREGNANCY?
We always recommend consulting a GP/health care professional when pregnant as everyone and every pregnancy journey is different, even with Certified Organic products. Our range is made with only organic and natural ingredients Certified by the OFC, accredited Toxic Free by Safe Cosmetics Australia and loved by many expectant and new mums. We recommend a 24 hour patch test before application.
WHAT IS THE EXPIRY OF YOUR PRODUCTS?
Our tanning and body care range have an expiry of one year after opening. Our sunscreen has an expiry date printed on the seal of each tube.
DO YOU DO SAMPLES OF PRODUCTS?
No, we do not. We strive to keep our production as environmentally friendly as possible and don’t believe that samples align with this. All our stockist have full-sized testers in store in order to allow people to sample our products or patch test prior to purchasing. Find your closest Eco Tan retailer by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
IS YOUR PACKAGING RECYCLABLE?
It sure is! All our tan and body products are housed in recyclable bottles and tubes. We ship all our products in recycled and recyclable packaging too.
WHAT IS YOUR RETURNS POLICY?
Within the ACCC Consumer guarantee guidelines, we are happy to offer a store credit on items that are returned to us unopened and unused, provided we are notified within 14 days of receipt and the item is returned within 7 days of contacting us.
If in the rare event an item arrives broken or faulty, take an immediate photo and email us within 14 days of receipt to email@example.com. We will then guide you through the returns process.
We do not accept returns on our Professional Solutions unless they fall within the ACCC Consumer guarantee
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR MY PRODUCT TO GET TO ME?
Deliveries take between 5-7 business days
I HAVE SENT AN EMAIL BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REPLY?
We endeavour to get to your emails within 48 business hours. We never leave any email unreturned so please don’t panic we will get back to you